Morning my loves!
You know how much I love sharing a little insight into my world, and learning about all of you! So today I am going to do the 30 Questions Beauty Tag! It’s very straightforward, I am going to answer these 30 questions, and then at the end I’m gonna tag a few of you to do this post so I can see your answers!
30 Beauty Questions Tag
1) Do you remember your first makeup item?
No, but I remember one year at Christmas my Uncle bought me this huge ho pink makeup case filled with those chunky stick lipglosses that smelled like plastic and glitter eyeshadows that you could neve scrub off. My first item was probably blue eyeshadow though. ’90s child!
2) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I don’t really rock mascara anymore because of my awsesome lash extensions, but I am obsessed with Too Faced Better Than Sex and Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes. Try em if you haven’t!
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Depends on the day, the season, and my skin at the time, but typically medium to high! I have pretty rosy cheeks that I like to try and hide.
4) Favorite high end brand?
SO TOUGH. I would have to say Urban Decay, Too Faced, and YSL.
5) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
6) Favorite drugstore brand?
I’m a big fan of Maybelline. Pretty much all my drugstore makeup comes from them. And I love Revlon for their lipsticks.
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No, I think I’ve worn them twice in my life and once I had a crazy allergic reaction to the glue. At my brothers wedding. Was not pretty let me tell ya! But now I have my lash extensions so I guess those are kind of like fake lashes.
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I pretty much can’t go anywhere without black eyeliner. Or bronzer. And you’ll always find me with like 3 lipsticks in my purse.
9) What is your most cherished beauty product?
Gosh, right now it’s my Hoola Bronzer. I’m obsessed with it! Seriously can’t go anywhere without.
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Way too often! I used to hit up the drugstore at least a few times a week with my best friend Taylor and go crazy. But now I’ll usually wait and hit up MAC or Sephora and splurge a little when I’m low on products.
11) Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
Wouldn’t say I have a budget, but I definitely don’t spend as freely as I used to. Girl’s gotta eat!
12) Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Sometimes coupons. I don’t know if you guys have Shoppers Drug Mart where you are but they have a reward card and coupons where you earn a lot of points, and then you can redeem your points for free things. I love free things.
13) What type of product do you buy the most of?
Lipsticks. No doubt about it.
14) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
I wouldn’t say there is one particular brand I can’t stand, maybe just certain products from different brands. That being said I really am not a big fan of Covergirl. Never really found anything there that I love.
15) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Not as much as I should.
16) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Probably Sephora. Can’t go wrong!
17) Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I definitely do not have a routine, although I definitely should! I love trying new products and am always open to suggestions!
18) Favorite bath and body brand?
Oh god I don’t know. Like products from Bath and Body Works, or just in general products you use in the bath and shower? I’ve never gotten anything from Bath and Body Works so I’m no help there. But I am obsessed with LUSH for bath and body products. Other than that I usually just buy whatever soap or body wash is on sale at the drugstore…
19) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Maybe MAC. I love so many of their products, I don’t know that I could give them up.
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love Too Faced for their packaging. The gold font paired with such pretty colours all the time. Very girly and fun.
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Ashley Benson from PLL always looks friggin perfect.
22) Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Just the blogging community!
23) 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Jaclyn Hill, Kathleen Lights, Taylor (Thaaatayla), Tanya Burr, Shannonxo
24) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
No way. Don’t ask why but they creep me out.
25) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I don’t think so. I’m pretty useless when it comes to eyeshadow though so that probably looks a bit clumsy. But other than that I think I’m doing a pretty good job!
26) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Never. I’m sure it does help the colours stay and pop, but I’ve never thought it was an important thing.
27) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
None! Except maybe dry shampoo… I don’t wash my hair as much as the average gal, and around day 4 or 5 I need a little help from some good old dry shampoo.
28) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
29) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No. I already know a lot, and what I don’t I can find online or from my blogging family!
30) What do you love about makeup?
I love that you can put on makeup and feel like a different person. It can be a mask that you can hide behind and help you face the world, or it can be something that simply enhances your natural appearance. You can change your whole look with a certain eyeshadow or mascara. And you can feel like a brand new person with the right lipstick. I love how putting on makeup makes me feel good about myself, and makes me feel pretty.
Right on friends, there ya go!
Have a great day friends!