Don’t you just love this time of year? The chill in the air, how dark it gets in the evenings, the leaves changing colour and crunching under your feet as you walk across them. Big scarves, chunky sweaters, rain boots, any boots really, pumpkin spice everything, bonfires, MUST I GO ON? Fall is the best. I could happily live without summer, but I need my fall.
To celebrate my favourite time of year, I have put together a list of some of my favourite things to do this time of year.
1. Go to a pumpkin patch
2. Visit a local farmers market and stock up on seasonal vegetables
3. Go for a long walk on a cold day
4. Go hiking
5. Read a good book on a rainy day; maaaaybe in front of a cozy fire
6. Have a bonfire with your friends
7. Have a baking day; hellooooo apple pie and pumpkin scones
8. Pick a new hobby; I’ve always wanted to learn to knit in the fall
9. Rake the leaves in the yard and then jump in the pile; you’re never too old!
10. Take advantage of the cold weather and stay inside one day and give your house a face-lift. Forget spring cleaning; it’s time for fall organizing!
11. Find all the boxes that you packed your winter clothes into last spring when summer hit, and rock your favourite woolly sweater.
What do you love to do in the fall?